Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness based on the belief that the body has the innate ability to heal itself. Using the healing power of nature and gentle therapeutic techniques, such as dietary, nutritional and lifestyle advice; Western Herbal Medicine; Nutritional Medicine and Australian Bush Flower Essences.
Although you do not need to be unwell to benefit from naturopathy, treatment can alleviate a wide range of conditions and is suitable for all ages. Naturopathy treatment aims to restore balance and prevent disease, while supporting the body, mind and emotions during the healing process.
The 6 Naturopathic Principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treating the whole person, not just the affected area, and above all, honouring the body’s innate wisdom to heal.
The 6 Principles of Naturopathy
- The Healing Power of Nature – Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes – Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First Do No Harm – Utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher – Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Person – View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions.
- Prevention – Focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention.