I could tell you that these APRICOT & GINGER COOKIES are the product of many years of baking experience, however reality is I somehow winged it with a bit of this and a bit of that, some feedback from my partner in lunchbox creations Simple Holistic Health, the planets must have aligned and they somehow turned out delicious, woot! I may even go so far as to call it a bit of kitchen Alchemy…. These little morsels are wheat free, egg free, dairy free, vegan and pretty darn tasty
Apricot and Ginger Cookies (Wheat free, Vg, DF, Egg free – makes 25 bite sized cookies)
2 fresh apricots
1 large carrot
1tsp ginger powder (less if you do not like a strong ginger flavour)
1 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup oats
1/2 cup organic dessicated coconut
1/2 cup activated sunflower seeds
1/3 cup coconut flour
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree (fan forced).
2. Place sunflower seeds in food processor and pulse until they are a similar consistency to the coconut flour.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until the mix is firm enough to shape but still very moist.
4. Use clean wet hands to roll into balls and flatten into a biscuit shape.
5. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for in a 180 degree fan forced oven for 20mins. They should be a lovely golden colour.
6. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.