These are a special breakfast treat for those who are very sensitive to food allergens. They are free of dairy, gluten and egg, and work best served with thin slices of fruits like mango, strawberry, peach and nectarine. My daughter loves to dip them in ‘magic fairy dust’ (pureed then dehydrated strawberries that have then been blended into a fine powder). The rice flour in these could be replaced with other safe flours, unfortunately it doesn’t really work with coconut flour as they fall apart…
2 Tbsp. Glutinous rice flour
3 Tbsp. Brown rice flour
1 Tbsp. Rice bran or coconut oil
1/8 tsp. Aluminium free bicarbonate of soda
3 ½ Tbsp. Water or safe milk (rice/almond etc.). Adjust as needed for different flours.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat and spray with either rice bran oil or coconut oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan.
- When bubbles appear on the surface (about 1 min) and they are golden brown on the bottom flip them over and cook for another minute or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with sliced fruit and magic fairy dust!